Well, here we are again, at the end of a lovely year.
I suppose now would be a good time to say some touching, surmising reflections? Or maybe I should discuss my goals & resolutions for next year. Should I tell you all the things I achieved in 2011?
Let’s see if we can mix these things up. Instead of saying “New Year’s Resolutions,” what about saying, “New Year’s Wishes?” In other words, things that I wish would happen to me in 2012:
1. Get published. If you’re a writer and this isn’t at the top of your list—well then, uh…Then maybe you’re not as preoccupied as I am.
2. Travel. Travel free of tour guides, tour buses, cruises, rent-a-cars, five-star-five-story hotels, and cars that say “Tourist Vehicle.” (Don’t laugh. That’s happened to me before. Sheesh, it was like an advertisement to get mugged!) I want to explore, without the help of those lists that should all be titled, World’s Most Expensive, Most Corporate and Westernized Resorts.
3. Work In A Greenhouse. Even if it’s just for a bit. I think that might be kind of fun! For obvious reasons.
4. Get On Top Of Things. I’m a slob when it comes to filing. I am by no means a daksinarrow—red or whit—I’m more of a daksinapil—(pronounced DÚHKS-in-a-PÌLE) and I hope 2012 is my year for getting things in order. You know, the ability to know where everything is. It’s kind of important, I’ve been led to believe.
5. Bump my Blog Up To The Next Level. Needless to say, things have really spun down around here, and that’s mainly due to my new job responsibilities, which keep me hopping for most of the day. Blog Time isn’t very abundant right now, except for on vacations. So, in 2012, I wish that I can zap this House back to life.
6. Write Four More Books. That’s right folks, if you aim big, you fail big. But I’m not afraid of failing, I just hope that when I shoot for the moon, I’ll actually get there, instead of hitting one of those obnoxious stars. (Seriously, those things are burning balls of methane, carbon, and argon—who’d wanna land on one of those?!)
7. Generally, Be Excellent. Doesn’t that sound exciting?
Well, here’s a cup of kindness yet, and let’s drink to Auld Lang Syne.
Happy new year everyone!